>

>

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Twitter for Educational Purposes - TT3

I've been thinking a lot lately about how my twitter feed connects to my professional education aspirations. One of the connections I have managed to make is in regards to the constant sharing of ideas. There are so many great educators on twitter and as a pre-service teacher, it is an idea gold mine. Instead of sifting through instructional textbooks and online resources, I can just check my feed for resources that seasoned pros are sharing. It makes my life so much easier,with resources and when it comes to new pedagogical movements as well. What I mean by this is I can see the the changes on the front lines of education. For example, @CSCorganization is constantly posting modern information/resources on things like maker spaces, artificially intelligence, and inquiry or flipped based classrooms. Pedagogy is very dynamic enterprise in which I think twitter will keep me up to date.

Another important aspect of using Twitter as an educator involves constant improvement on becoming a better digital citizen. Our students grow up in a world and social media is just a part of their lives so I feel it is my duty to learn how to responsibly be a part of. I need to know what it means to socialize online and how to properly do so. As educators, we need to be active members of the community which includes the online aspect as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment