>

>

Saturday 28 January 2017

Manitoba Education


     This week in our Internet for Educators course Donald Girouard and Shannon Magee put on a presentation introducing Manitoba Blackboard Learn to us. From what I gathered, Manitoba Blackboard Learn is extensive, Manitoba curriculum aligned online classroom resource available to Manitoba educators. Upon navigating the site I was so impressed! The website offers a friendly user interface for so many great tools. Everything a person needs to run a classroom is there and the course doesn't have to be used exclusively for online classrooms and could be used in a face-to-face setting as well. I can definitely see myself using these courses in the future, especially if I have to teach a class outside of my comfort zone. Lots of the course (especially the newer ones) are interactive as well so this should help with classroom engagement. Of course I would let the website do the the teaching but it is a great resource for new teachers for sure. All students need to signup is their MET number too so there shouldn't be a huge issue with privacy.


I have to say that the fact that the Manitoba Government is willing to develop and provide such a powerful online resource really gets me excited to be a Manitoba teacher. This resource really shows that the government is behind us. It seems to be a good time to become a educator.



No comments:

Post a Comment