>

>

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Online Curation - TT2

     Online curation of resources is a concept that I have recently been introduced to. It is essentially the collection and organization of the all the websites one visits in a given week. I find the importance of it is it allows for a cognizant way of noticing the websites you love and the ones that are going stale. Prior to collecting in this way I found that I would lose websites or threads that I loved but forgot they existed since I hadn't visited them in so long. Now that I have them in one place, I can easily be reminded and keep connected to sites that feed my online article addiction.

I see online curation is somewhat like writing a research paper. When writing a research paper, there is mounds of documents,texts, and articles that contain a mountain or knowledge that needs to be sorted through. The sifting usually involves highlighting and paraphrasing the key concepts that are necessary additions for the paper. This is similar the cruising the internet for threads, blogs, articles, etc. The internet is the library, the websites are the resources, and the curation platform is the paper. This curation is a synthetic process that leads a neat and organized final product.

     There are many websites that help with this process but the ones that I have been using that seem to be organised and neat are Feedly and Symbaloo. Feedly is great for organizing blogs and websites that continually update material. Symbaloo I use for resources and tools that I use in my teacher toolkit. Symbaloo has a easy to read interface as well that is vastly customizable. I will continue to use these platforms and I'm sure others will get added to collection. Hopefully I don't get to a point where I need a curation platform for organizing my curation platforms πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’.


1 comment:

  1. Good point - "Hopefully I don't get to a point where I need a curation platform for organizing my curation platforms πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’." I think I need that!!

    ReplyDelete